The funds cannot be returned until notice is received from the card issuer that the chargeback is cancelled or until we have confirmed that our dispute of the chargeback was successful. You can instruct your guest/renter to ask his/her bank for a letter that the chargeback is cancelled and provide a copy of that letter to you. You can provide us a copy of that letter, so we can attempt to dispute the chargeback. Until you receive this document from your guest and forward that to us, it is important to assume that your guest has not paid for his or her stay and/or continue to fight the chargeback using the other relevant documentation for the chargeback reason (see “Can I dispute a Chargeback?” section for further details).
Articles in this section
- What is a chargeback?
- What are the most common types of chargebacks?
- I refunded this guest/renter, and now a chargeback occurred. You have debited me twice (once for the refund, and again for the chargeback). Why?
- My guest told me that he cancelled his/her chargeback, so why have I not received the funds yet?
- What documents or proof do you need to fight a chargeback?
- How long do I have to provide documents to support my chargeback case?
- Can I dispute a chargeback?
- Why do I have to pay a chargeback Fee?
- Why are you asking me to provide documents when you can see them in my reservation manager dashboard?
- Why are you requesting my chargeback documents again?